Or skew it! And grill it! I’m talking about shrimp, of course!
I don’t get Cooking Light anymore. Tears!! My mom gave me a gift subscription a while back but I paid zero attention to the giant RENEW NOW envelope that came about three times before my subscription ran out…so needless to say, no more Cooking Light. I haven’t renewed yet, but in the meantime, my mom has been saving her issues for me to take home when she’s done looking at them. I was just at home this past weekend and picked up July. I came across this super simple, super yummy recipe for grilled shrimp that I just new I had to try. A delicious, easy dinner. I served it with grilled corn on the cob and a caesar salad. Dinner’s done! 🙂
DIJON-GARLIC GLAZED SHRIMP (Recipe Source: Cooking Light, July 2008 )
No pics. Grilled shrimp looks like grilled shrimp. HA! Plus, nothing gets ice cold faster than a plate of shrimp. I wanted to dig in when this was hot off the grill!
- 1 1/2 pounds of large shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 3 tbls. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbls. honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Soak wooden skewers in water so they don’t burn, thread shrimp on the skewers.
- Stir together remaining ingredients
- Brush one side of the shrimp with mixture. Grill for one or two minutes. Turn, brush with more glaze and cook two minutes or until shrimp are opaque and pink
I bet this would be great on chicken or pork as well! 🙂