I got home after working out this morning and flipped on the last half hour of the Today show. They were talking to Jimmy Buffet’s sister Lucy about her new cookbook. She showed off some delightful little burgers that looked just like the ones I like to get when we go the Cheeseburgers in Paradise. I love that place! So much fun!
I thought mini-burgers would be a fun meal to chase away the Monday blues. Lucy mentioned she made the mini-buns from refrigerated french bread dough dipped in sesame seeds. What a great idea! I could totally do that! We had a lot of fun loading the toppings on these little babies! Made Monday a lot more fun!
MINI-CHEESEBURGERS (Recipe Insipiration: Lucy Buffet as seen on the Today Show 7.28.08)
- 2 loaves refrigerated french bread dough (I used Pilsbury)
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Your favorite seasonings and toppings. Time to get creative! (I did colby jack cheese, a bit of caramelized onion and this fun cranberry BBQ sauce my BIL bought for me on a trip to Oregon with this past spring.)
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into balls. Dip the tops into sesame seeds. Place on a greased cookie sheet and flatten a bit with a the back of a spatula so they are about 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare your ground beef however you like it by adding any seasonings/veggies/breadcrumbs/eggs to the mix. (I just added a bit of steak seasoning.)Form into twelve small patties. Grill approximately 5 mins. on each side until desired doneness.
- Add to buns, add your toppings and start having fun with your dinner!