Ha ha…okay, probably not. But the “Deep Dish” in the title of this recipe makes me think of my hometown pizza that eats like a steak. These thick, fudgy brownies kind of eat like a steak too! You almost need a knife a fork to tackle these bad boys. Almost.
This is our favorite brownie recipe. These are just little squares of chocolate heaven. Eric has been getting some pretty healthy dinners this week (much to his dismay), so when I put down a plate of these in front of him last night, he picked one up, was about to take a bite, hesitated for a second and asked me, “Are these real brownies?” “What do you mean real brownies?” I asked him in return. “You know…full-fat, real brownies?” “Yes, babe, they are real brownies.” “Oh, thank God.” Then he proceeded to stuff his face with two. Poor Eric…
DEEP-DISH BROWNIES (Recipe Source: Allrecipes.com)
You’ll have to excuse my photo…When I cut into the brownies they were still way too warm so they got all mangled. Seriously, who waits for a pan of brownies to cool before digging in? Yeah, that’d be no one. 🙂 I managed to destroy the entire pan trying to get nice squares, and this was the best I could do. We’ll be eating brownie pieces with a spoon this weekend! Note to self: for photographic purposes, resist the urge to cut into a warm, gooey pan of brownies. Oh, screw that! Warm brownies rock! 😉
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini-chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually blend into the egg mixture. Fold in chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let brownies cool, then cut into squares. Enjoy!