I love the cooking board I frequent because it’s where I get all my food news. Someone always has some sort of juicy tidbit (heh…no pun intended) of foodie related gossip to share. When the gals started posting about these pumpkin spice flavored Hershey Kisses at Target, it started an all out Kiss fad! Everyone is baking up a storm with these little orange-tinted gems…and I am no exception. I’m jumping on the Pumpkin Spice bandwagon! Thanks to everyone at WC for spreading the word about these, because I totally would have not even known these existed!
Well, after I bought these yesterday, I tore open the bag right there in the car and tried one right away. The verdict?? Good…tasty to a certain extent. I don’t think I could just eat these straight out of the bag, as I think I’d get tired of the flavor, but I immediately started thinking of ways to use them in baked goodies.
I decided to do a Pumpkin Spice Kiss Oatmeal Cookie. Yum! Turned out great. Spicy, creamy, chewy and crunchy all in one convenient package. Enjoy!
PUMPKIN SPICE KISS OATMEAL COOKIES (Recipe adapted from: Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin spice kisses
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on a medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour. Stir in oats and kiss pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.