I’ve been wanting to try these for ever!! So very easy and really yummy.
For the open house, I did a truffle tray with the red velvet dipped in white chocolate and Oreo truffles dipped in semi-sweet. For the Oreo truffle recipe, go here! 🙂
RED VELVET TRUFFLES (Recipe Source: Bakerella)
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
- 1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
- wax paper
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)