Edited: Had a funny little story here about trying to get a smoothie at my favorite place. Decided to remove it because that place is now gone, it appears. Sorries!
That is the true smoothie sob story. I am so so so sad.😦
The good news is – it’s really easy to make smoothies at home. This is how I do it up in my kitchen – one of those non-recipe recipes, if you will. Eric really likes these for breakfast on the weekend! I love to use fresh fruit if I have it on hand, but frozen is fine in a pinch. Blend it up, pour into a glass and enjoy! The most time consuming part is hand washing the blender – which, if I’m being honest, is what keeps me from making smoothies at home more often.
I am nothing if I am not lazy. Even in the kitchen.
SUPER SPEEDY SMOOTHIES (Recipe Source: Me)
- 2 cups fruit (this time I used a combo of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup yogurt – any flavor (well, maybe not ANY flavor, I probably wouldn’t use that Boston Cream Pie flavor or whatever, but to each his own. I used peach this time)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey (or to taste)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of low fat milk (or to taste – depends how thick you like yours)
- Ice (this is optional – if I’m using all fresh fruit, I add some ice to make it thick and frothy. If I use some frozen fruit – my strawberries were frozen this time – I don’t bother with the ice)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into tall glasses and garnish with fruit. This made enough for about three servings.