When I was planning out my menu of goodies for the open house, I actually wrote down on my list “something with white chocolate and cranberries” but I didn’t have a recipe picked out. Within just a couple days Katie at Good Things Catered shared this recipe for a totally delish sounding cranberry white chocolate bar! Perfect!! I immediately added it to my list of treats. They did not disappoint – such a wonderful combo! Loved the little citrus tang in the background. Thanks, Katie, for sharing this recipe! 🙂
CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE BARS (Recipe Source: Good Things Catered)
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. dried or fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat to 350 degrees and line an 11 x 7 pan with foil, coating with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, zest, nutmeg and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on high until soft and light in color, about 3 minutes.
- Turn mixer to low and beat in eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture.
- Remove from stand mixer and stir in cranberries and white chocolate.
- Spread batter in pan (it’s thick so use a spatula and be sure to remove all air bubbles).
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 1 hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.