I’ve been wanting to try these for ever!! So very easy and really yummy.
For the open house, I did a truffle tray with the red velvet dipped in white chocolate and Oreo truffles dipped in semi-sweet. For the Oreo truffle recipe, go here! 🙂
RED VELVET TRUFFLES (Recipe Source: Bakerella)
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
- 1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
- wax paper
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
Filed under candy, chocolate
I misread this recipe when I went to make these and added 8 ounces of cream cheese, so I adjusted the powdered sugar and just added enough to make a dough I could work with. I would say I ended up with somewhere around 7 cups. Then I upped the peppermint extract until I had enough minty flavor. I just kept testing it after each teaspoon. I have no idea how much I ended up adding. I made these over a month ago! 🙂 FYI, these freeze WONDERFULLY! Big hit at the open house!
And, honestly, I have never in my entire life ever seen a 3 ounce block of cream cheese!! Where art thou, oh mysterious smaller cream cheese block?? LOL.
CREAM CHEESE MINTS (Recipe Source: allrecipes.com)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 drops peppermint oil (I used peppermint extract, added it one teaspoon at a time)
- any color food coloring paste (optional)
- granulated sugar, for rolling
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and confectioner’s sugar. Mix in peppermint oil. Color as desired with food coloring paste, or leave white.
- Roll mixture into small balls, roll in sugar, and place on waxed paper. Flatten with a fork dipped in confectioners’ sugar. (I skipped this and just used my thumb) Let dry for about 2 hours on waxed paper, then freeze or refrigerate.
Yields 8 dozen (I, obviously, had way more than that! LOL!)
I made the ever popular Oreo truffles for a little get together we had with some friends of ours at their new house last week. They never fail to impress. I have to admit, I LOVE these little guys. So creamy and chocolately and yummy. Can’t beat ’em! 🙂
OREO TRUFFLES (Recipe Source: Kraft)
- 1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.
- DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Filed under candy, chocolate